Are you tired of wearing a boring t shirt day by day? If yes, why not cut it to give them a wow? This article will show you how to do some t shirt cutting techniques so that you can do it yourself at home.
Geometric t shirt cut out
- To do this technique, you should print out the geometric template you want. Then, cut it out so that you can make a drawing of it on your t shirt.
- Put the paper on the t shirt’s part where you’d like the design to stay. Mark the design around the shapes with chalk and cut out the fabric parts with scissors.
- Now, do not throw the template away. Instead, you can use it to mark the triangle on the t shirt’s front to make it more impressive. Cut it out, and you have finished with the geometric cutting technique.
Fringed t shirt cut out
Fringes appear to be one of the most prevalent methods of cutting a t shirt. It is because the fringes on your t shirt will fall beautifully.
- First, mark a line where you’d like your t shirt to end. Most people choose approximately 14 to 15 inches.
- Mark straight lines several ½ inches apart and then cut out the fringes.
- The cut pieces will lose their straight-cut appearance and begin curling in on themselves with even a slight stretch. Tie neighboring fringes together for a knotted effect. On some of these fringes, beads are even woven.
If you want, you can also use several t shirt neckline cutting ideas to make your t shirt more fashionable.
Peekaboo t shirt cutouts
This technique is not so challenging, and here is a step-by-step guide:
- First, cut out any shape you want, circle, or heart.
- To create the peekaboo effect, turn the t shirt inside out while keeping the fabric piece right side down on the inside. Also, guarantee the bobbin thread you use matches the color of the t shirt to prevent the thread from standing out.
- Cut straight lines inside the stitching. You should cut the lines inside the shape you have, not the fabric piece underneath. To prevent cutting the fabric by accident, pinch it to the back.
- Pulling on the t-shirt cuts will cause the strips to curl, revealing the fabric piece behind. Now, you are ready with a peekaboo t shirt.
Lace t shirt cutouts
Lace is such material or fabric that can give a beautiful feminine touch to your t shirt.
You may cut your t shirt along the lines from the sleeves’ top edge if you’d like to add lace in the sleeve part or the shoulder.
When you stitch fold the shirt’s edge, remember to keep the lace of proper width and length along the cut shape by pinning it in place to make it neat. In the cut-out part, sew the laces in any style you want to add.
You may even cut the sleeves in half to make your t shirt more appealing with several cut up t shirt designs.
Indeed, there are a lot of t shirt cutting techniques out there, so go and try them. Hope you will like them and get desired results with your brand-new t shirt.